Ridin' bikes. Eatin' cupcakes.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Good News. Bad News. Blah News.

First the good news...



Now the bad news...



Gift from my dear mother. Good thing I have hungry friends who like to eat.

Now the Blah News...

Been jacked up with a cold for the last week thats forced me to become an annoying mouth breather. The only time I've been able to breathe through my nose this week was when I pinned on a number and went racin' yet again.

It's funny how pinning it in a 27 mph pace line will clear a stuffy head in no time.

Did my little trick of trying to combine and interval workout and a breakaway just like last weeks and the results were equally stellar. And by stellar I mean sad.

Made my little "attack" with what little juice I had and when I thought I put a nice amount of space between myself and the group, I decided to casually take a look behind me to admire my handiwork in blowing the field apart.

What I saw was a guy right on my wheel so I crane my neck just a little further to try and get a head count of how many lucky souls were privileged enough to hop on this juggernaut's wheel for a little breakaway action.

Yeah, upon further review it was obvious that the entire group of 75 or so was able to join in the fun.

Well at least I was able to dream for a few seconds.

And despite being sick I was able to average 244 watts for a solid hour. So that's a good thing.


No comments: