Ridin' bikes. Eatin' cupcakes.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Not even Cadbury Creame Eggs can stop me...




Last night I rolled my girlfriend's Spinning Bike out to the living room to try a new workout called the "Road House Ride."

The way it works is pretty simple. You watch the 4th greatest movie ever made (that'd be Road House) and sprint every time Patrick Swayze's throwing punches. In between the fist fights you ride along at a moderate pace.

Aside from being the 4th greatest movie ever made, Road House is pretty good to ride along to. You get a nice 15 minute warm up before the mayham starts and then at the end you really get to wind it up when Swazye starts rippin' throats out.

The only hitch to the scheme was that my girlfriend returned home right when Road House was getting really good which was about exact same time the season finale of The Real Housewives of Orange County was starting.

Being the team player she is, she let Road House reach its dramatic conclusion before taking over the TV.

And if that wasn't nice enough, when I finished the "ride," she presented me with the first Cadbury Creame Eggs of the season. Valentine's Day candy hasn't even been marked down and Creame Eggs are on the shelf.

How sweet is that?



93min.
Average HRM = 135
Max HRM = 188

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Ahem. You made fun of me for spinning, Todd. Sheesh.